NOT ON THE TOP 100 TOOLS LIST 2022
Cisco Webex is web meeting software that combines file and presentation sharing with video and meeting spaces.
Cost: Commercial conferencing platform. Free Meeting spaces
Rankings in the previous surveys:
|2021: 70||2020: 56||2019: 64||2018: 49||2017: 60||2016: 36||2015: 72||2014: 60|
|2013: 44||2012: 54||2011: –||2010: 85||2009: 67||2008: –||2007: –|
Comments on Cisco WebEx
“It has improved recently to add more inclusivity through closed captions. It allows for synchronous workshops.” Education and Learning Officer, UK, 2022
“Great for live webinars” Wouter Maagdenberg, Netherland, 2021
“It provides the essential basic framework to provide engaging, synchronous online training interventions. It has been essential in replacing face to face training in the current health situation while having the security level required in a sensitive public service organisation.” Learning Designer, UK,. 2020
“My kids’ schooling during the pandemic” Effrosini, HR manager in charge of Digital Learning, Greece, 2020
“Similar to Zoom, but well suited for large webinars and learning experiences” Manager of Product Development, USA, 2019
“Use it a lot for online training” Trainer, India, 2019
Quick Guide to Cisco Webex
Here you will find some basic guidance and links to resources on how to use Cisco Webex for teaching, training, learning and development.
Cisco WebEx became a popular tool for holding video meetings in lockdown as well as a means of delivering live virtual training through the use of video web meeting calls
- Here are five of the less known tips and tricks on using Webex. Everything from presenter preferences to help with sharing, polling and muting/un-muting.
It is important to remember, however, that the key to good virtual meetings is to avoid replicating what you do IRL. In other words ““Don’t replicate or automate, innovate”
- keep virtual sessions short
- use visuals other than bullet-point slides
- ensure the session is highly interactive rather than broadcast delivery
- make good use of breakout rooms for small group work, see the video below on how to set up breakout rooms
In education Cisco WebEx has also becoming a key tool for supporting virtual and remote learning
- Here’s a video that shows how to bring students and teachers together in a collaborative learning session
- Take a look at Welcome to virtual learning where you wlll find a comprehensive set of materials to learn how to teach remotely including how to transition to a virtual classroom.
This video provides a quick start guide to WebEx
Here are some other useful resources
Last updated: August 27, 2022 at 15:55 pm