NOT ON THE TOP 100 TOOLS LIST IN 2022
Microsoft’s Sway is a free app to create web content. You can embed a variety of resources into Sway, e.g. images, audio, video, maps, animations, etc, and then share it online.
Ranking in the previous surveys:
|2021: 243||2020: 142||2019: 94||2018: 70||2017: 59||2016: 59||2015: 70||2014: –|
|2013: –||2012: –||2011: –||2010: –||2009: –||2008: –||2007: –|
Comments on Sway
“Simple to use and works online for those with access to it.” Digital Learning Developer, UK, 2021
“Sway is an easy tool to make online interactive presentations. I use it to make online manuals to support my workshops.” Teacher Trainer, Netherlands, 2019
“I often use Sway for building content which will be accessed online as its visual appeal is superior to powerpoint.” Lecturer, UK, 2019
“Very easy to use to make beautiful presentations.” Project Manager for Digital Learning, France, 2019
“It’s a great tool that is easy to use and hassle free. I love that there are templates there already that you can edit, or you can create your own from scratch. Sway is also a prominent feature of our new online staff induction. I love it!” Learning & Development Consultant, UK, 2019
Quick Guide to Sway
Here you will find some basic guidance and links to resources on how to use Sway for teaching, training, learning and development.
Sway is a way to create online interactive presentations (aka Sways) that predominantly contain content from the web.
- Users can customize a Sway with headings, text, video, and images.
- Sways can be created from scratch, from a template, or from an existing file such as an outline created in Word. Content is then organized into sections called cards which can be dragged and dropped to reorder the information.
- Each Sway has its own web link so that Sways can be shared easily on the web and through email or social media.
Sways can also be embedded into web pages, like the Sways below – Sway in the Classroom and Interactive Media in Sway.
- See Creating Teaching Resources: Microsoft Sway
- See also How to Make your Digital Teacher Portfolio in Microsoft Sway
- Sway vs PowerPoint? The case for per-Sway-sive presentations, Buffalo 7, July 2020
- How to create a digital presentation using Microsoft Sway, The Training Lady, 14 August 2019
- Sway vs PowerPoint: Which is Best For Your Next Presentation? Happy, 1 April 2019
- What is Microsoft Sway, and What Can I Do with It? How-To Geek, 5 February 2019
- Getting Started with Sway, Microsoft
Last updated: August 27, 2022 at 11:22 am