UP 54 PLACES IN 2022
Powtoon is an online tool that lets you create animated video explainers.
Cost: Free and Premium versions
Rankings in the previous surveys:
|2021: 102||2020: 146||2019: 67||2018: 45||2017: 29||2016: 22||2015: 19||2014: 46|
|2013: –||2012: –||2011: –||2010: –||2009: –||2008: –||2007: –|
Comments on PowToon
“for building explainer videos” L&D Specialist, Australia, 2019
“I use it to make learning animations. It has a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, big results” Katrin Naert, Netherlands, 2019
Quick Guide to Powtoon
Here you will find some links to external resources on how to use Powtoon for teaching, training, learning and development.
Powtoon @ Work is used to create animated explainers for different purposes, for internal communications, marketing, as well as for training and development.
- As Powtoon explains in this video “It takes 1.8 million words to express what you can show in a minute-long video. That’s why more than ever companies are turning to video to help grab attention and engagement from their employees.”
- When creating your Powtoons you will generally want to use characters to tell your story. Powtoon contains a number of characters in the same style, known as a Character Families
- Note: It is possible to collaborate with your team asynchronously on the same Powtoon, so it doesn’t have to be an individual endeavour
PowToon is used to engage students in and out of the classroom.
- In PowToon you can set up a virtual classroom to share your PowToons, her’s how: Working with PowToon in the classroom (for teachers)
- Here are 11 quick & amazing ways to use Powtoon in your classroom plus 8 bonus lesson Ideas
- Quick Reference Guide for Powtoon (PDF)
- The power of cartoon marketing: the Workbook (PDF,) Powtoon
- Powtoon QuickStart Guide, Powtoon
For more videos, see PowToon’s YouTube channel
Last updated: August 27, 2022 at 17:02 pm