NOT ON THE TOP 100 TOOLS LIST IN 2022
Office Lens is the new camera built into OneNote for iPad or iPhone that lets you take pictures of whiteboards or printed documents, then enhances your photo by cropping, sharpening, and straightening it, so it looks almost like a scanned image
Availability: Download app
Rankings in the previous surveys:
|2021: –||2020: –||2019: 174||2018: 183||2017: 144||2016: –||2015: –||2014: –|
|2013: –||2012: –||2011: –||2010: –||2009: –||2008: –||2007: –|
Comments on Office Lens
“a Microsoft mobile app (Windows, iOS, Android) that “scans” about everything with the camera of your phone. I especially like the way it “straightens” pictures of documents, whiteboards, flipcharts… Invaluable for capturing the notes of a meeting, or “scanning” a document when you don’t have a scanner. (personal and professional learning)” Jan Van Belle, 2018
“A quirky tool to list, but I love it. This mobile app enables you to take a picture of a presentation from anywhere in the room and then squares off the resulting image. It has totally changed my experience of learning in presentations. You can also “scan” documents without worrying about lining them up perfectly – Office Lens will do that for you. You can directly save to OneNote, OneDrive, or your device storage.” Dave Lee, USA, 2017
“This is not the only pocket scanner app, but is probably the best. Can’t imagine life without it. I use it almost daily. It works amazingly well to capture…well anything” Jeremy Tucker, USA, 2017
Quick Guide to Office Lens
Here you will find some basic guidance and links to resources on how to use Office Lens for teaching, training, learning and development.
Office Lens is a useful tool for capturing and enhancing photos of whiteboards and other document.
- You can then convert these images to PDF, Word and PowerPoint files
- You can also save them to OneNote or OneDrive.
Here are some scenarios how you might use Office Lens
- Capture and crop a picture of a whiteboard or blackboard, and share your meeting notes with colleagues.
- Make digital copies of your printed documents, business cards or posters
Here is some general guidance on how to use Office Lens:
- How to scan printed documents with the free Microsoft Office Lens app, Techrepublic, 6 October 2018
- 3 Time-saving tips from teachers using Office Lens, Microsoft Education, 24 March 2017
- Getting started with Microsoft Office Lens, C Net, 6 April 2015
Last updated: August 27, 2022 at 14:08 pm