NOT ON THE TOP 100 TOOLS LIST IN 2022
Nearpod is an educational tool to create and deliver interactive presentations
Cost: Free and Premium versions
Ranking in the previous surveys:
|2021: 80||2020: 82||2019: 150||2018: –||2017: –||2016: 110||2015: 50||2014: –|
|2013: –||2012: –||2011: –||2010: –||2009: –||2008: –||2007: –|
Comments on Nearpod
“Nearpod is next on my list because of its capabilities. You can like FlipGrid videos onto Nearpod and keep them in a certain order so students don’t need multiple codes for multiple FlipGrids. Nearpod also has a feature where students do a fun quiz and climb a hill. It makes the quiz more game-like. My favorite feature is that you can make lessons student-paced so everyone is engaged all the time and working at their own pace. There is an ability that was recently added where you can make videos interactive. The video will pause and ask a question for students to answer before continuing. My big hang-up with Nearpod was that it froze up too often.” Darren Vance, Middle School Math Teacher, USA, 2021
“Interactive tools to make teaching easier” Gijs Groeneveld, Netherlands, 2021
“Interactive slides for synchronous and asynchronous learning.” Academic Leader, USA, 2020
“Allows interaction during a presentation. I can stay on task during a presentation while gathering data and engaging the audience.” Teacher, 2020
“The option for the collaboration tool, the use of different options including sharing boards, slides, videos and the option to set activities” Tabitha King, Social Work Educator, UK, 2020
Quick Guide to Nearpod
Here you will find some basic guidance and links to resources on how to use Nearpod for teaching, training, learning and development.
Nearpod is an educational tool to engage students with interactive lessons and assessments that they can access on any device:
- Teachers can take existing PowerPoints or PDFs and upload them to the Nearpod site to create enriched multimedia presentations with interactive features.
- Teachers can then share the content with the students and control the activity with the Nearpod app.
- Students have the capability to receive the content from the teacher on their synchronously or asynchronously.
Here is a video on how to use Nearpod in the classroom.
- See also 5 reasons to use Nearpod in the classroom
- See 10 Ways to Use Nearpod in the Classroom, Nearpod, 4 August 2015
Nearpod is a useful tool for every educational level including Higher Education, as this article explains
- Nearpod for Higher Education: Turning Adult Learners into Active Learners, Nearpod, 26 July 2019
Last updated: August 26, 2022 at 20:27 pm