NOT ON THE TOP 100 TOOLS LIST IN 2022
MailChimp is a marketing automation platform. It is the place to create email newsletters campaigns as well as automated email lessons.
Cost: Free and Premium plans
Ranking in the previous surveys:
|2021: 226||2020: 134||2019: 143||2018: 100||2017: 116||2016: –||2015: –||2014: –|
|2013: –||2012: –||2011: –||2010: –||2009: –||2008: –||2007: –|
Comments on MailChimp
“Mailchimp powers my newstetter and I’ve used it many time as part of learning campaigns.” Mike Taylor, USA, 2021
“Email marketing tools are a great way to create automated data-driven campaigns to support learning and performance efforts.” Mike Taylor, USA, 2020
“For automating follow up emails during a course. For me the user experience using Mailchimp is unbeatable.” Pablo Navaro, Spain
Quick Guide to MailChimp
Here you will find some basic guidance and links to resources on how to use MailChimp for teaching, training, learning and development.
MailChimp is used to create email newsletters of all kinds for training as well as marketing campaigns. Here is an introduction to MailChimp
It is also used as a way of delivering an email course where individuals can sign up at any time to work through the content at their own pace. This means using an auto-responder that sends a series of scheduled emails to people based on a set of automation rules which will determine when the emails are sent. In other words
- you write the emails and decide how frequently they will be sent out (e.g. on days 1, 5, 10, 15, 20 etc.)
- individuals then sign up to receive these lessons by email
- at which point the sending process is completely automatic – no further action is required on your part.
MailChimp’s autoresponder service (now known as automation) is an easy way to do this. To find out how to set up an email course, take a look at this video
- Also see How to set up an automated email course using Mailchimp, Kerry Johnson, 27 September 2017
- or How to create a self-paced email course, Smashing Magazine, 10 February 2014
- The Ultimate Guide to Mailchimp, Salesflare
- Beginner’s Guide: How To Use Mailchimp (Build Your Email List), Kinsta, 26 November 2019