NOT ON THE TOP 100 TOOLS LIST IN 2022
Jamboard is an interactive collaborative whiteboard and part of the Google family.
Availability: Purchase Jamboard screen and rolling stand
Ranking in the previous surveys:
|2021: 69||2020: 102||2019: 113||2018: –||2017: –||2016: –||2015: –||2014: –|
|2013: –||2012: –||2011: –||2010: –||2009: –||2008: –||2007: –|
Comments on Jamboard
“Collaborative sticky notes and simple drawings/text | Whenever I’m with a group of people, I can invite them to “join” me on Google Jamboard to collaborate by adding sticky notes, text, and simple shapes to a shared canvas.” Bonni Stachowiak, HE educator, USA, 2021
“This is an easy way to communicate and share ideas; collaboration” Kim Harris, K12 educator, USA, 2021
“Google Jamboard (virtual whiteboard) is a great interactive tool to use during a virtual meeting.” Linda-Jo Graham, Quality Assurance Consultant, USA, 2021
“Replace physical post-its” Lynn Wong, Learning Development Team Manager, Singapore, 2021
“Visual, collaborative, editable, fun” Suzanne Becking, Associate Professor, USA, 2020
“It is kind of limited …. but it is good” Andressa, Entrepreneur, Brazil, 2020
“Only just introduced to this but it blows me away, the collaboration uses for this are endless. Fantastic application.” Curriculum Leader Manager, UK, 2019
“To collect and synthesize ideas, data, projects, and to share boards with teams.” Facilitator of Peer Learning Programs, France, 2019
Quick Guide to Jamboard
Here you will find some basic guidance and links to resources on how to use Jamboard for teaching, training, learning and development.
What is Jamboard? This video provides an introduction
- What Is Google Jamboard (and Do I Need the Hardware to Use It)?, How-To Geek, 18 September 2019
- What is Google Jamboard, how does it work, and when can you buy it? Pocket-Lint, 23 May 2017
In the workplace Jamboard is a powerful collaboration tool for working together in in-person or virtual meetings.
- You can sketch your ideas as in a traditional whiteboard
- Then enhance those ideas by dropping images, adding notes and other assets directly from the Web
In education Jamboard is used for learning together whether it be iin a traditional classroom, a group seminar setting, or for remote teaching/learning.
Here are some resources on how to use Jamboard in education
- How to use Google Jamboard – 2019 Updates, EduFlip.net, 29 January 2019
- The Jamboard Series Part II: Ten Ways to Use Jamboard in your Classroom, Ed Tech Emma, 12 November 2018
- This video shows you how to use Google Jamboard for remote teaching.
Last updated: August 26, 2022 at 16:32 pm