In 2019 the same position as in 2018
Google Docs is used to create documents, Google Sheets for spreadsheets, and Google Slides for slidesets – individually or collaboratively.
Google Drive is the cloud storage service, where you can also up host other files.
Top 100 Tools for Personal & Professional Learning 2019: 6
Top 100 Tools for Workplace Learning 2019: 8
Top 100 Tools for Higher Education 2019: 3
Past Overall Rankings
2018: 6. 2017: 4 2016: 5 2015: 4 2014: 2 2013: 2
2012: 3 2011: 3 2010: 3 2009: 5 2008: 17 2007: 14
Comments from those who selected Google Drive/Docs as one of their Top 10 Tools in 2019
- “Everything I write starts in Google Drive. Its still the easiest way to collaborate on materials with peers across locations and companies.” CLO, USA
- “Collaborative document and resource management with the ease of a desirable interface” Manager of Product Development, USA
- “Easy to use, free and makes collaboration possible. More lightweight than Microsoft Word, where ~75% of the features aren’t used by most users.” Learning Technologist, UK
- “In education: to collect and share student works Docs: For education: define course project, outline each course and list points to make. And share for courses with other teachers to coordinate. Slides: To prepare the slides to present. Great for collaboration with other teachers for sale course and easy to share to students. Sheet: To calculate grade from multiple teachers and use ratios” Designer and Design Thinking Teacher & Coordinator, France
- “Excellent collaborative space to work on documents. The comments feature is very useful and the fact it autosaves” Principal Lecturer, UK
- “Great tool for collaboration, gathering surveys, sharing documents and files” Senior eLearning Designer and Developer, USA
- “for sharing learning material” Head of Learning, Germany
- “Collaboration, “cloud” for files – helps out in many situations” College Professor, Russia
- “Best alternative storage space, free and can be used handily for personal, teaching, collaborative work.” Lecturer, Malaysia
- “Use it for collaboration with colleagues” CEO, Netherlands
- “For storing alot of my files and able to access them any time any where. It has a 15gb storage capacity now which is excellent.” L&D Manager, UK
How to use Google Docs, Slides, Sheets & Drive for Learning
Here you will find some basic guidance and links on how to use Google Docs, Slides, Sheets and Drive for teaching, training, learning and development.