Down a further 22 places in 2019
Classroom is a tool in the G Suite for Education. It helps teachers create and organize assignments quickly, provide feedback efficiently, and easily communicate with their classes.
Top 100 Tools for Personal & Professional Learning 2019: –
Top 100 Tools for Workplace Learning 2019: –
Top 100 Tools for Higher Education 2019: 58
Past Overall Rankings
2018: 114 2017: 69 2016: 80 2015: – 2014: – 2013: –
2012: – 2011: – 2010: – 2009: – 2008: – 2007: –
Comments from some of those who selected Google Classroom as one of their Top 10 Tools in 2019
- “Easy to use, great for sharing resources and materials and it easily operates across platforms. (IOS, PC, Android etc)” Curriculum Leader Manager, UK
- “surprise find to distribute elearning to a smaller workplace and not have to maintain the backend of Moodle or pay large sums for a commercial LMS” L&D Specialist, Australia
- “A very simple and easy to understand UI that makes it easy for learners and teachers to navigate. If only VLEs could look like this! Gives teachers full control of their online classrooms and allows easy recycling of learning content between classes.” Learning technologist, UK
- “I use Google Classroom with every class at every level as the primary online resource for my students. I post electronic copies of all resources, links to videos that we view in class, and announcements about upcoming quizzes, concerts, or other events. At our middle school students check Google Classroom for all of their classes during the first 5 minutes of their school day, and they are all given instructions on how to access it outside the school. It also provides students with an additional line of communication with me if they are struggling with a concept, but may not want to ask a question during class.” Chris Johnson, Primary/Secondary (K12) teacher, USA, 2016
- “send out, retrieve, and organize student curriculum and work” Primary/Secondary (K12) teacher, USA
A Practical Guide to Google Classroom
Here you will find some links to external resources on how to use Google Classroom for teaching, training, learning and development.