NOT ON THE TOP 100 TOOLS LIST IN 2022
Google Analytics that tracks and reports website traffic
Cost: Free and Premium Plans
Ranking in the previous surveys:
|2021: 237||2020: 184||2019: 193||2018: –||2017: –||2016: –||2015: –||2014: –|
|2013: –||2012: –||2011: –||2010: –||2009: –||2008: –||2007: –|
Comments on Google Analytics
“so much inside information for SEO work” Quality Assurance Manager, USA, 2022
“I can use it to learn more about what’s working and what isn’t” HR Manager, 2019
“helps me learn which campaigns are working” Content Marketing Manager, Germany, 2019
Quick Guide to Google Analytics
Here you will find some basic guidance and links to resources on how to use Google Analytics for teaching, training, learning and development.
Google Analytics is a simple tool to discover some basic statistics about your website and specific content within it. For instance it can help to uncover answers to the following:
- How many people visit my website?
- Where do my visitors live?
- What websites send traffic to my website?
- Which pages on my website are the most popular?
- What blog content do my visitors like the most?
Google Analytics can therefore be used in the workplace or in education to discover popular resources or content – although of course it won’t tell you what value they got from the content, and certainly how much of the content they actually consume, but it certainly provides some useful statistics about the content you provide.
To do this you need to get a piece of tracking code from Google and embed it into the page(s) you want to track. If you are embedding it into a WordPress website you could put into a footer widget which makes it easy to track all the pages in the site.
Here is some general guidance on how to use Google Analytics.
- 6 Google Analytics Tips for Business Insight Way Beyond Traffic, Wordstream, 30 August 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Google Analytics in 2020, Hubspot, April 2019
- The Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Google Analytics, Moz, 24 June 2015
Last updated: August 26, 2022 at 16:12 pm