Drops back on the list this year
FutureLearn offers free online courses from top universities and specialist organisations. Owned by Open University in the UK.
Top 100 Tools for Personal & Professional Learning 2019: 53
Top 100 Tools for Workplace Learning 2019: –
Top 100 Tools for Education 2019: –
Past Overall Rankings
2018: 86 2017: 106 2016: 105 2015: – 2014: – 2013: –
2012: – 2011: – 2010: – 2009: – 2008: – 2007: –
Comments from some of those who selected FutureLearn as one of their Top 10 Tools in 2019
- “free,. interesting courses, good format” Senior HR Advisor, Australia
- “Free online learning” Organisational Development Manager, UK
- “easy to use, interesting, well-designed” Fran Lo, USA
- “This is the first time I’ve added a MOOC site to the list. Since their introduction in 2008 and development from 2012 as a mode of learning I’ve always thought they needed to be included but never felt that they had the traction required. This was partly because, for some, the jury was still out on them but to me, more importantly, they had a firm US bias. When Futurelearn launched as a UK based MOOC provider I was always hopeful that it would be able to provide the quality that the other MOOC providers offered but with a more UK centric approach. After a slow start, I think they’ve found their space and the content offer is currently used by over 4m people. I’d class that as established now.” Andrew Jacobs, L&D Manager, UK, 2016
- “The interactivity of the platform although I also get lost in all the contributions.” e-learning developer, Rwanda, 2016
A Practical Guide to FutureLearn
Here you will find some links to external resources on how to use FutureLearn for teaching, training, learning and development.