NOT ON THE TOP 100 TOOLS LIST IN 2022
Flipboard is a social magazine, available for iPad, iPhone and Android devices, that curates content from your own feeds and other places.
Availability: Download app
Rankings in the previous surveys:
|2021: –||2020: 145||2019: 90||2018: 63||2017: 80||2016: 91||2015: 86||2014: 34|
|2013: 36||2012: 61||2011: –||2010: –||2009: –||2008: –||2007: –|
Comments on Flipboard
“Flipboard is still my favorite curation tool for open sharing. I curate a set of topical magazines on L&D concepts, including AI and microlearning.” CLO, USA, 2019
“I maintain 20 magazines in Flipboard, sourced by its curted content. Clients usually like a lot the magazine format.” L&D Practitioner, Spain, 2019
Quick Guide to Flipboard
Here you will find some basic guidance and links to resources on how to use Flipboard for teaching, training, learning and development.
Flipboard is a free app for smartphones and tablets that works by gathering content from social networks, news publications and blogs of interest. It then displays articles and other pieces of content in a magazine-like format. that you can read by flipping the pages. It is therefore a great way of finding stuff you may have missed on social channels together with other news from other sources all in one place in a personal magazine. It might take a bit of time building a Flipboard magazine but once you have done so you should have something that will be meaningful to read on a daily basis.
- When you open up the app, you are asked to select 5 interests so that Flipboard can start collecting the content for your magazine – see screenshot top left.
- You will then need to sign up using your Facebook or Google+ account. Your magazine will be then created with your Cover Stories.
- You can add sections by clicking on the More> button or the red tab (top right). Select Following, then Accounts to link your social media accounts so that it can collect content from the accounts that you follow. Select items under Discover More to find more collections.
- If you are looking for some help with Flipboard, then take a look at the Flipboard User Guide. To find it, simply type Flipboard User Guide into the search box (top right), and then add it as a collection to your magazine.
Here some other resources on how to use Flipboard
- What is Flipboard? Lifewire, 1 July 2019
- Learn the Basics About How to Use Flipboard, Flipboard, 1 December 2015
- So You’re New to Flipboard? Here’s What You Need to Know, Flipboard, 30 June 2015
Last updated: August 26, 2022 at 15:35 pm