NOT ON THE TOP 100 TOOLS LIST 2022
BigBlueButton is an open source web conferencing system
Cost: Free. Open source
Ranking in the previous surveys:
|2021: –||2020: 117||2019: 142||2018: –||2017: 177||2016: 146||2015: –||2014: –|
|2013: –||2012: –||2011: 74||2010: –||2009: –||2008: –||2007: –|
Comments on BigBlueButton
“Also an open source tool that we used a lot during COVID19. It offers many possibilities to organize interactive webinars.” Katrien Bernaerts, coordinator Toll-net, Belgium, 2020
“Easy-to-use open source web conferencing tool. Now has polling and soon will have break-out rooms, too.” Rebekah Roehrs, Trainer/Instructor, USA, 2016
Quick Guide to BigBlueButton
Here you will find some basic guidance and links to resources on how to use BigBlueButton for teaching, training, learning and development.
BigBlueButton is a popular educational web conferencing platform as it enables teachers to engage and collaborate with their students
- BigBlueButton enables you to share your audio, slides, chat, video, and desktop with students.
- Built-in polling makes it easy to engage students and recording your lectures means that you can make them available for later review.
- There is a live whiteboard for presenters and groups: Annotations are automatically displayed back to the students in real-time. Presenters also have the ability to zoom, highlight, draw and write on presentations making your points clearer to remote students.
- Everyone can share a webcam
Here is some general guidance about using BigBlueButton
- BigBlueButton Docs, BigBlueButton
Last updated: August 26, 2022 at 10:46 am