NOT ON THE TOP 100 TOOLS LIST IN 2022
Adobe Connect is web conferencing software for web meetings and webinar events.
Cost: Commercial. Free Trial
Ranking in the previous surveys:
|2021: 156||2020: 70||2019: 81||2018: 60||2017: 66||2016: 62||2015: 34||2014: 32|
|2013: 30||2012: 32||2011: 59||2010: 61||2009: 41||2008: 66||2007: 52|
Comments from some of those who selected Adobe Connect as one of their top tools
“I find Adobe Connect classrooms are closest to mimicking face to face classes and help teachers in setting up their spaces. Resource sharing, synchronous discussions, formative assessments, ability to record and reflect to improve teaching practices.” Tracie Regan, Instructional Designer, Australia, 2020
“Mostly great for virtual training, which we do a lot of for 6-7 hours at a time.” Elaine Carr, Instructional Design Manager, USA, 2020
“awesome virtual classroom” General Manager, Chile, 2019
“we use this to teach our distance learning classes. Lots of great features and easy to use.” Victoria Schmidt, USA, 2019
Quick Guide to Adobe Connect
Here you will find some basic guidance and links to resources on how to use Adobe Connect for teaching, training, learning and development.
Adobe Connect is used not just for web meetings but also for remote training in virtual classrooms. Find out how to create and manage Virtual Classroom and related courses, enrollees, templates, content, and recordings in Adobe Connect.
It is important to remember, however, that the key to good virtual meetings is to avoid replicating what you do IRL. In other words ““Don’t replicate or automate, innovate”
- keep virtual sessions short
- use visuals other than bullet-point slides
- ensure the session is highly interactive rather than broadcast delivery
- make good use of breakout rooms for small group work, see the video below on how to set up breakout room
- Getting started with Adobe Connect, APAN
- Adobe Connect Quick Start Guides, Adobe Connect Users Community
- Start, attend, and manage Adobe Connect meetings and sessions, Adobe